Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas...

Christmas Day and I feel a bit of a Scrooge. The Eve service went ok except that I bombed out completely. I couldn't hold a tune worth a penny and made a complete fool of myself. I suppose God wanted to remind me that I have no talent whatsoever and whenever I do sing and manage to sing well it is all because of Him. I would prefer to forget last nights horrid performance.

We had cold store chicken for dinner since I didn't cook dinner. I'm not sure why. I had time, it was just that we lazed around the house all afternoon not doing a thing. Tetsu watching stupid TV. Me reading a good buy depressing book. I never thought about dinner. In the back of my mind I had thought we might go out for late ramen after the service, but it was cold chicken straight from the pack.

Tetsu started watching TV after the skimpy meal and by 10:30 I just went to bed. No opening Christmas presents which there were only a few anyway. I knitted Tetsu a sweater but he's seen it and it's been hanging on the door for a month. Besides that I only bought him trunks and socks so there was nothing for him to get excited about anyway and nothing that I felt good about giving him. He had wanted to go buy me shoes somewhere but it was too much bother to go out looking and it would have irritated him if I'd looked and then didn't decide on something. I'd rather shop myself. So much for Christmas....

No comments: