Thursday, January 25, 2007

Cute Baby!


As I had thought, yesterday I made very little progress with my handwork although I did get one block quilted. Today is not going to be much better since I have to leave in about 45 minutes and I'll be teaching again as soon as I get home.

On my walk with Choco just awhile ago, Kyoko-san called me over to show me the kimonos that she had brought back from her parents' house. She had mentioned that there were so many, and I suggested that I could make them into some patchworky thing. (Why can't I keep my mouth shut?) I was smart enough not to offer to make a quilt, but suggested a handbag, though in the back of my mind I'm thinking of a lap quilt. Anyway, she has 5 or 6 kimonos that could be made into a nice quilt if I'm willing to put the work into it. I'll have to think this through a bit more. I've never worked with kimono material though I know a lot of people do...

Here is a picture of Noro-san and Noa-chan. Noro-san came for English this morning and brought Yoshiko-san and Noa-chan, a first. They were going into Utsunomiya after English so that's why Yoshiko and Noa came too. Cute baby!

No comments: