Saturday, February 17, 2007

A Lazy day


A very lazy day and after breakfast, I even fell asleep again! Unheard of for me! I never nap! While I dozed, Tetsu cleaned house. What a nice husband! The rest of the day has been taken up with errands and reevaluating the way I'm spending my time. One thing for sure. I am having way too much fun with blogging! I'll have to make a resolution to do blogging after housework. Hah! I wonder how long that resolution will last...

My humble Girl's Day dolls got out of their box today. These shouldn't even be shown except that I'd feel sorry for them if I didn't introduce them. Most Japanese families have this huge displays with these gorgeous dolls that stand on 7 tiers! They are considered a real family treasure and worth quite a lot of money. My humble dolls are actually handmade though not by me. When Takumi was a baby we lived in Sendai and I taught English to a few children in the neighborhood. When we moved to Utsunomiya, the mothers of the kids gave me these dolls which a couple of them had made for me. Actually, I'm not really a fan on Girl's Day dolls. Too elaborate! But these are small and unpretentious and I have memories of the kids whom they came from so they come out every year at this time to sit on my piano.

No comments: