Thursday, February 22, 2007

Autumn Blossom Quilt!!!!!!!!!!!





Finished!
Looking back over this blog I've been trying to figure out when I started the Autumn Blossom Quilt. I think it must have been in September because I have no record of the start. I came back from the States in late August and maybe in early September turned Leiya's room into a sewing room. About the same time I started looking at one or two blogs and Mary Johnsons's, Making Scrap Quilts from Stash quilt caught my eye. I checked out Bonnie's website from there and that led me to a new world of blogging and quilting! I figured out that Mary's quilt pattern was made from Bonnie's Pineapple Blossom and so decided to make 4 blocks a day until I got to the desired size. Sometime in early October that was done because my first blog post about it was October 31st when I was getting ready to have it basted by my quilting friends. Going back and forth from Bonnie's website to Mary's I decided to imitate Mary's border since I loved the striped fabric she used to break up the big border. I found something similar (in a different colorscheme) and I've been hand quilting it since early November though I'm pretty sure I took a month off in December to make Christmas presents instead. Today I am finished! Even the label is on!

I am sooooooo^^^^^^^^ happy with it! I love the colors, I love the border, I love the backing, I love the quilting! The backing is actually flannel and I had used the same fabric when I made Marlene's quilt last year and I just knew if I ever made a bedsized quilt for myself, this was the backing I wanted. So I splurged and ordered quite a lot for some future project which turned out to be my Autumn Blossom Quilt! Yeah me!!!!!

4 comments:

anne bebbington said...

What a lovely autumnal quilt Tanya and that striped thin border really does the trick

teodo said...

Ciao it's right to be^^^^^^^^^^happy! your quilt is very nice and you are very good in doing patchwork.
ciao ciao

Conni Lu said...

The quilt is gorgeous - fall colors are my favorites. The colors blend so beautifully together in that pattern. Wow!

Fiona said...

I love that pattern - it's on my 'to do someday' list - and it looks very effective in autumnal colours.