Thursday, March 29, 2007

Japanese zori




Yes, I know. Why would anyone take a picture of their feet? Well, these are my daily slippers and I actually love them. In Japan we don't wear shoes in the house of course and instead leave the shoes in the entryway in front of a big step. Most homes have slippers for guests to wear while visiting. but I'm not a big fan of slippers. Last summer, Mrs. Ochiai gave me these nice pair of zori and I've been wearing them ever since. They are quite comfortable and in the winter I've been wearing them with toe socks which works out just fine! They are made of bamboo husks that have been hand woven and the straps are made of a fabric wrapped rope. Mrs. Ochiai also gave me a pair for Leiya so Leiya and I are running around pair-look style on both sides of the world!

4 comments:

Conni Lu said...

Tanya, We call the Americanized version flip-flops and they are very popular. I have never seen toe socks in America but maybe others have. I'm with you, my feet get cold and I wear socks all the time. I do wear slippers in the house & not shoes.

Luna said...

Nice shoes ! I love those shoes with Toes pass through but here in summer without socks :-) and outside. At home I have thickens socks with burls under.

Christine Thresh said...

Where do you buy toe socks?

Paulina Baeza said...

Wonderful present,i want one.I used a tradicional version of a chilean farmer shoes,very similar ,this name is "ojota".great diference : no use socks with that,¡not to use in winter¡