Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My talented friend

Look at what my friend (and student) Mrs. Ide made! She is so talented! She is always making something interesting, sometimes sewing, sometimes knitting or crocheting, most often doing patchwork. She's the friend that took me to a new fabric shop a couple of weeks ago.

Anyway, today she brought this cute little Hawaiin quilt bag that she had she made for her niece. I think she planned for it to be a lunch bag, but I have a feeling that the girl will probably think it is too nice to just carry a lunch in and will use it for grander purposes. Doesn't Mrs. Ide do beautiful work? Tiny applique (and reverse applique) and even quilting stitches. The colors are so nice and summery too and the nice, green leather handles really make it special.

Mrs. Ide also brought four or five of these cute little bags which would be great to carry a lipstick or something in and she gave me (and another friend) one! Oohh! How special! Inside were some cute little "candy" sachets. These little bags are made from recycled kimono fabric and I chose the bright, colorful one!

Thank you Mrs. Ide!

2 comments:

marisa said...

this bag with kimono fabric is wonderful.

Conni Lu said...

Your friend's work is perfect. I love those green handles. Having a hand-made bag from a friend is a very special treasure!