Yesterday I had a lot of time to sew and since this three day weekend Tetsu is home, I decided to work all day on the Wonky Word quilt! Yeah! I am to the flimsy stage!
Thanks for all the advice on the borders of the Wonky Word quilt but I guess I was swayed by a word from my inspiration. Tonya's ponderings about how a black border might work sent me looking for black fabric and this is what I came up with. (I also didn't have enough left-over fabric for piano keys.)
There were a few blacks to choose from but I chose this fern print fabric which I think might be a Japanese brand. The ferns fit in with the batiks but I didn't like the way the print fell in the same place along the border. I don't know if anyone noticed but I had put little asterisks in the corners of the quilt so I decided that would "spark" the border and I could cut it up enough so that the ferns didn't fall in the same place. I think it came out nicely! I loved making the asterisks! So much fun in all the colors and you never know what it will come out as in the end. Some big, some little, some lop-sided.
While Tetsu is home I'll admire my flimsy and make some decisions about quilting. Probably won't get too much time on the sewing machine (or the computer) this weekend.