Saturday, July 14, 2007

Arrived!

Arrived and posting no less! Wow! I am impressed with my ability to figure out a new system in less than a day! I think I can even download pictures! (We'll see...)

An easy flight and arrival in California. Some tears from Leiya when we said goodbye to Tetsu but that is understandable. Tokyo's Narita airport is lovely and a lot of fun to wander through. It is a very pleasant airport and has lots to see and do. The flight was crowded and I slept the whole 9 and a half hours so not much to report there. My mom and Marcy and family were waiting for us at Arrivals and after a quick stop at In 'n Out hamburgers, we were home.

Lots of changes at my brother's house. A newly remodeled kitchen (they're still putting things away so I'll take a picture later.) A new lawn in the backyard. A new car. After a quick rest, the women in the family took off to WalMart for... fabric!!! I had heard that WalMart was closing down their fabric department and I wanted to check it out so I found lots of lovely bright fabric there for $2 a yard! I bought a yard of about 10 different shades of the same print. I know, WalMart may not have the best quality but it's nice for a simple project and I don't have a whole lot of money to spend so it suits my purposes. When I asked the lady to cut the fabric I said "One meter each." and she looked at me and said, "What's a meter?" I'd forgotten we use yards in America!

Speaking of fabric, look was waiting for me at my mom's house!! I package from Thelma! She sent me some hand dyed fabrics. (I have yet to figure out how to e-mail her a thank you note, so if you're reading this Thelma but don't hear from me, Thank you!!!) Now this is quality stuff! Look at the beautiful colors!!! Oh, I am going to have so much fun when I get back to Japan and get back to the sewing room!! Anyway, this was a wonderful welcome gift that greeted me when I walked in the door.

Ok. I'm off again. Just reporting in!

8 comments:

anne bebbington said...

Glad you arrived safely - good to hear you're fabric acquiring already!

Ulla said...

Tanya

What a heavy suitcase with wonderful fabrics..........
You were really wellcome we can see.Have a nice weekend
Ulla in the north of Sweden

JudyL said...

So glad you were able to check in. Enjoy your visit and let us know what's happening when you can please.

meggie said...

Lovely to see you happily in the bosom of your family! And fabric treats- doesnt get much better than that!

Connie W said...

It's good to read that you arrived safely. I've been thinking of you.

Fiona said...

Good to hear you got there safely - and that you are already making those fabric purchases!

QuiltingFitzy said...

Glad you arrived safely. Made me lol about first stopping at In & Out!!! (We're getting one here in Tucson very soon..yum!)

Enjoy your visit!

Shelina said...

Welcome back to America! Glad you made it safely, and I hope that you get adjusted to the time zone change quikly. That hand dyed fabric looks incredible. It looks like you have your priorities straight - getting your fabric stash supplemented as soon as you eat!