Sunday, July 01, 2007

"Whatever is true..."

Back again. Did you notice I changed my profile picture? I knew I had done it once before but why it took me two hours to figure it out this morning, I don't know!

Well, it is July here in Japan and time to think about what I want to get done this month. Nothing!!! Maybe I'll just sit around and watch the weeds grow! After missing my goals last month I'm hesitant to make any this month. I did get the 5 kindergarten collars finished though so I can go back to the Wonky Word Quilt (that I will work on as soon as I finish this post!!!!!)

Goals for July:
  1. Finish quilting the Wonky Word Quilt
  2. Start the 365 Challenge (don't forget to take a month worth of blocks to the States with me)

And that is about it. Sounds like a quiet month. I hope to hit at least one quilt shop while I'm in California. Last year I decided to buy 2 fat quarters of batik fabric at every quilt shop I visited. Hmmm. What do I want to buy this year? Fabrics are somuch cheaper in the States that I should really stock up on creams and things I can use for backgrounds and also backing fabric. But as of now, I don't have any plan for a big quilt in the next year. I'll have to put my thinking cap on and decide what I want to make so I can buy fabrics in the States...

As for the 365 Challenge, I've been thinking about how optimistic one has to be to be doing a journal quilt. I picture rosy little entries everyday about the wonderful things happening in life and hardly give a thought to the possibility that unhappy events may have to be recorded too. I guess that's true of blogging in general. I could report the frustrations or the arguments but I choose not to. It's not that I'm trying to present a perfect life to blog visitors, it's just why dwell on unpleasantness? God works it all out in His time. Anyway, I'll begin my first entry on the 365 Challenge quilt tonight.

"Finally, bretheren,
whatever is true,
whatever is honorable,
whatever is right,
whatever is pure,

whatever is lovely,
whatever is of good repute,
if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise,
let your mind dwell on these things."

Phillippians 4:8

2 comments:

Connie said...

Tanya, The new profile photo is great! And those beautiful blue hydrangeas are just too yummy. I too am working on my 365 and I found out that I like doing 'catch up' journaling and I don't worry about writing something every day. I just make sure to keep notes of daily activities on my calendar to keep my 'memory' working.

meggie said...

I love those beautiful blue hydrangeas, too, so pretty.
I knew I couldnt keep a daily journal- & yet I guess that is what I do on the blog!