Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Two blocks made

I spent an hour or so sewing yesterday and let me tell you that sewing room is cold! I'm not going to be able to sew with gloves on but that is what I need. I kept sticking my hands under my armpits to warm up my fingers. Isn't that ridiculous! Just bring a heater in while you're there Tanya. But that would have meant going outside with a kerosene tank, standing around while the pump filled the tank from the bins, lugging it back upstairs, going back to wash the kerosene off that always gets on my hands and then waiting for the room to heat up. Oh foo. Just be cold and truly, once I got started I forgot about the chill and became absorbed in my work. I'll get a heater ready for the next time I'm sewing.

And this is what I got done! You have seen these animals all separate but I finally got them put together into a cat block and a dog block. Now at least the blocks don't blow around the floor or get played with by the cats. I was getting worried that I'd lose a block in all the stuff that I have spread around the room so I'm glad they are basically in one piece. I'll have to arrange the Wonky quilt on the floor again and see if I can be inspired to put these animal blocks and the word blocks together in some order. I think I want to tie it together with some move hearts but I really don't have a great plan yet.

I'm off to the kindergarten and then out to lunch with some friends!

11 comments:

Beth said...

I like the kitties..but I'm in LOVE with the dog blocks! You are making me think about doing some wonky letters after Christmas! At least I would not have to buy any fabric! HA!

Elaine Adair said...

CUTE blocks - best favorite is the brown dog, with the crookedy ears, on the left side of the photo. Good job!

Quilt Pixie said...

still love the character of the bottom left dog, and the meko cat... both seem to have distinctive personalities and aren't "just another block" :-)

anne bebbington said...

the cats and dogs are brilliant - and so much cheaper to feed than the real McCoy!!! :o)

Clare said...

Woo hoo - you finally got to sew, despite the cold. Know the feeling!

Lazy Gal Tonya said...

these are fabulous - and I love seeing the same characters in your blocks as you put in the one for me. very fun.

atet said...

Oooh -- love those blocks. More hearts are always a good thing :0). As for the quilts -- hmmn, my husband is the grandson of a quilter -- he knows what to do with them :0).

atet said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

meggie said...

Your animals look great!
Hope you enjoyed your day.

Forgjengelige ting said...

Quilting really is worldwide!! You have got some very cute wuilts there in Japan!!

Belém said...

Fabulous blocks. Cat blocks are so cute!