Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Family pictures

Oh dear, not to much to show you today. How about a couple pictures from the weekend. Oh well, at least Leiya and Takumi will be happy to see pictures of Tetsu and Obaachan.

I stopped in at Tetsu's office to bring him a Caramel Macchiato Frappe and donut from Starbucks (so much for any diet he might have been on.) He had told me he'd be alone most of the day so I thought I'd bring him a snack. As it turned out, there were lots of people coming in and out so he kept having to introduce me to people. I don't think wives show up at their husbands' offices very much in Japan so everyone found it very humorous that I was visiting.

Then this weekend since the weather was very nice we took Tetsu's mother out to a vegetable stand where she could buy homegrown vegetables. She claims she can no longer cook but she sure bought lots of vegetables! Tetsu's mother is very suspicious of anything edible that is grown or raised outside of Japan so she doesn't trust supermarkets. I guess sometimes she may be right since there was a big scare last month about some products that were produced in China that were laced with arsenic or something. Japan has been very wary of Chinese products since then. Tetsu's mother just says, "I told you so!" and is thrilled with a chance to buy only local produce. After shopping we sat outside and had some vegetable pancakes and enjoyed the sun.

Here are Choco, Velvet and Cleo soaking up the sun too! I don't know where Patora was. I love it when my animals seem to get along and share some camaraderie!
Doing some minimum quilting and I'll be at patchwork tomorrow but we have a secret brewing that I as yet can't show. Tune in at a later date for patchwork pictures!

6 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

vegetable pancake? please explain.

Love the pets picture.

Quilt Pixie said...

Veggie pancakes are one of my favorite ways to have that food group! Looks like it was a wonderful time out...

Shelina said...

I was watching a show the other day that said not to eat food-like products that your great-grandmother wouldn't recognize as food. I remember wondering how something could actually be called food, but have gotten so used to it now, that I forgot my earlier apprehensions.

I tagged you on my blog.

artfilstitch said...

Your Mother-in-law is a very smart woman. We don't eat things from China either. I love the pictures. You have a wonderful husband and family. He is also very fortunate to have you, Tanya as his lovely wifw....:>)
Anxious to see your next project.
Liz

Marilyn R said...

Did you say secret? Can't wait to see what it is!

CONNIE W said...

Enjoying your photos. :)