Saturday, March 22, 2008

The living room

This week it is warming up a bit and I decided to welcome spring a little early by changing the living room around. I took off the dark, winter slip covers from the sofa and arm chair (where I sit and quilt in the evenings) and replaced them with some light colored ones. I see that even these are wearing out so I may go to have to get some new ones.

I also changed around the quilts on the walls so that brightens up the room considerably. Actually feels more like summer around here with that Hawaiian quilt up on the wall. I've written about all these quilts before so if you're interested you can find the story here. The quilt up in the entryway this month is one that I wish I could claim it as my work but it isn't. I won it in a quilt raffle a few years ago and it is beautiful!


I guess the rest of the living room isn't much to show but you get an idea of how I live and where I quilt.

9 comments:

Hedgehog said...

Nice to get a glimpse of where you are! If my apartment is clean enough one of these days, maybe I'll do the same. Right now I'm dreading the kitchen - big party last night! Happy Easter from snowy Finland!

Sew Create It - Jane said...

I love all the quilts on display. The make the place seem very warm and friendly.

Katie said...

How wonderful to have your home decorated with such beautiful quilts. You should be so proud.

Patti said...

Very pretty - and very spring looking! I love the "quilt" you've made for the top of your piano. I never thought of making a piano top quilt - I think I need to add that to my list!

Salar said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

artfilstitch said...

Such a sweet display of your gorgeous quilts! You have inspired me to get my house ready for spring. Thanks for sharing yourself.
Wishing you a very Blessed Easter with an abundance of Sonshine!
Liz

meggie said...

Very pretty & Spring like! Thank you for sharing with us, It makes me want to get some of my quilts on display.

Marilyn R said...

Thanks for the tour! It is fun to see your quilts around your home.

andsewitis Holly said...

Thanks for inviting me into your home and giving me a tour :) I love picturing people's living areas. I love how you decorate with all the pretty quilts.