I am absolutely terrible in math (how many times have I said that on this blog?) and I couldn't for the life of me figure out what I was supposed to do to get those borders to fit. I kept measuring and had numbers here there and everywhere and couldn't figure out what number meant what. Every time I measured I'd get a new number! And since this project had a lot of bias, then the edges very easily stretched. That meant that my inner border (which I swear I measured correctly) seemed much too small for the quilt when sewing it on. Persevere! I know a too long border will give a wavy effect but how about a too short border? A tent effect?
Takumi would wander in and out of the room and hear me muttering and he commented that I sure seemed to be having a lot of problems with my quilts.
"The bigger the quilt the more problems."
That's not really true but it seems like it in my case and it made me sound philosophical.
Patora took great interest in the sewing process and plopped herself down on the quilt as I sewed. Now, that makes sewing a challenge!
Choco just wanted some fabric to sit on and she didn't really seem to care whether it was stuff being auditioned or the quilt itself. I had a laugh last week when Calico Quilter asked if Choco was taking quilt testing lessons from the cats. As much as am horrified that I'd let her just sit on this (remember, she is basically an outside dog with muddy feet and all) I thought she looked very pretty sitting on my quilt and love these pictures of her.
Look at those beautiful brown eyes! Usually Choco's eyes fade away into the black around her face when I take pictures, so this is one of the few good pictures I've taken of her.