Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Change of plans

Sudden change of plans! I thought yesterday and today were going to be a quiet two days of sewing (sorry Liz!) but yesterday at noon, Takumi got a phone call telling him a cancellation had come through on his flight and that he could fly back to California today! Sudden washing of clothes. Sudden calling to friends to say good-bye. Sudden visit to Grandma. Sudden last minute shopping. Sudden last minute sewing! I had planned to make Takumi a pair of luggage tags and thought I had a week before they needed to be done but because of the hurried departure I whipped them up while Takumi was packing.


And today, Tetsu has taken the day off from work and we are going to drive Takumi to the airport (a three hour drive). It is going to be very crowded on the roads because we are in the middle of Japan's week long Obon holiday. We're leaving in an hour or so.

"Leaving on a jet plane... Don't know when I'll be back again...

2 comments:

Julie said...

Oh my goodness. I know you are going to miss him!

artfilstitch said...

Sorry that Takumi had to leave on short notice and your plans with him were shortened. Please don't end up in Singapore....:>)