Monday, September 08, 2008

I am a rock

I'm sorry, I haven't done anything interesting and I the only thing photogenic is Chip. Yesterday I was vacuuming the living room and being careful not too vacuum up Chip who hides under the chair or sofa. Couldn't find her and when I looked around the room there she was up with the ROCK KATS. Trying to blend into the surroundings I guess.

It was a busy day of cleaning and Tetsu worked out in the yard until time for church. We are always rearranging benches and tables hoping to make a place that Choco will feel settled and content (and stop barking). I think the old tires are there to keep the bench from tipping over when Choco kicks off and lets the neighborhood know that she isn't happy about something. Tetsu weeded and brushed the patio and replanted a few pots for me and the yard looks pretty good again.

Then after church a few members stayed late and helped wax the floors. The church is so small and of course can't afford (and I don't even think there is such a thing) a janitor so the members dry mop and vacuum weekly and we wax the floors twice a year. It entailed a lot of carrying tables and chairs outdoors and the pews had to be pushed to one side of the room and then the other so we needed the "male" power. While we waited for the wax to dry we enjoyed some rice balls and pickles and now the church floor sparkles again. Sorry, forgot to take pictures of the church.

I guess the only place that got ignored was my own house (except for the token vacuuming) and that will be part of today's schedule. I need to get my act together like Mrs. Goodneedle and have a regular cleaning day again...

5 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Elaine Adair said...

ha, I'm first to comment again!

I wonder if some clever animal behaviorist will become a CAT whisperer, since we have Dog, and Horse Whisperers. Those cats must feel some sort of kinship to the delightful CAT Rocks. Thanks for the photos.

artfilstitch said...

Please send Tetsu our way..we could use his expertise in our yard. Choco looks very relaxed as his master looks after him. Chip is so photogenic..a real beauty with her rock pals.

Amanda said...

What a cute picture of a cute cat. I'm spoilt by having house cleaners in once a fortnight, and I'm afraid very little gets done in between. I started when I was working and can't get out of the habit now, even though I am retired.

Marilyn R said...

Chip is a cutie! It's great that you had a lot of help with the floor at your church. Many hands makes work lighter, and you get to visit with friends too.