Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Prayers and Squares need again

I'm off on the run again today. I needed to get another Prayer and Square flimsy to the tying stage and so I did that for part of the weekend. I really am not getting much sewing done especially on my own things. That Wonky quilt is gathering dust beside my sewing chair...

I took the Prayer and Square quilt to the church and after the service we all tied the strings and prayed for the man who will receive it. I keep making the exact same quilt (Around the World) only in different color combinations. I ought to branch out on something else that is as easy to make but the Prayer and Square organization's motto is "It's not the quilt, it's the prayers" so even though there is nothing fancy about this it is a wonderful way to connect to people who are ailing. I was taking these pictures through the glass from the Sunday School room so there is an odd reflection but you get the idea. You can see that our church is really small. I think weekly it averages about 20 people and the stained glass windows were made by one of our members.


I probably need to make a couple more Prayer and Square flimsies so it looks like I will be away from my own projects for awhile longer...

7 comments:

Mary said...

The TATW quilt is pretty and nice that it's fairly simple. Another similar quilt with just squares that I love is Bonnie's Bargello.

http://www.quiltville.com/scrapbargello.shtml

Quilt Pixie said...

sorry you've needed to use another prayer quilt, but it is good to have them on hand.... I'd do a disappearing nine patch myself -- having just done one I can tell you it flings together sooooooo fast, but doesn't look like it at the end. :-)

Dionne said...

I think the idea of a Prayer and Square quilt is lovely. I'm sure the recipients benefit greatly from the gift!!

Diannia said...

Your church is lovely and I think it's great that you do the Prayer and Square quilts for people.

Mindy said...

I love that you do this Tanya. What a wonderful ministry. My own church is large (about 1500 people) so the thought of your small congregation is really intriguing to me. I would love to do something similar in my own church, maybe with a smaller group. For now, I knit comfort/prayers shawls for the local Visiting Nurses Association.

You are, as always, a delight to me.

Love the new kitty...so very handsome.

artfilstitch said...

What a powerful way to show someone in need that their friends really care about them. Your little church may be small in size but it covers acres and acres of love, so beautiful.

Marilyn R said...

What a beautiful way to show the love and concern your church members have for each other. The person who receives the Prayer and Square quilt must feel like they are wrapped up in love and prayers!