Thursday, October 16, 2008

Purple

The autumn leaves are beginning to change to yellow and gold and the fields are going back to brown. The persimmons in the trees are becoming a vibrant orange and the sky in the evening is a pallet of changing colors.

I am struck by the different colors of purple when I walk around the neighborhood and I love the accent that is added to the normally warm colors of fall. Just a few pictures of the purple flora in my area.

Isn't this a fantastic Morning Glory? It stretched all around the corner of this little bicycle shop and my photo doesn't do it justice. The shop owner was lovingly watering the roots when I stopped my car at the corner and asked if I could take pictures.


"And the hanging for the gate of the court was needle-work, of blue, and purple, and scarlet..."

Exodus 38:18

13 comments:

artfilstitch said...

Wow, what gorgeous morning glory's! The fall colors are so beautiful and blend so well. Everything is turning here also, and soon we will have our first frost. I am off to read Exoduus 38.
Thanks for your post today.

Elaine Adair said...

You sure are the Camera Queen! What stunning color!

G'G'ma said...

Such beautiful photos..such color!
We don't see purple and lavendar very much in the fall. But spring is loaded with purple. Sometimes I think I have too many purple annuals in the spring...especially since we have a red house!

Françoise said...

Lovely colours!

Shasta said...

Such beautiful colors. That morning glory is awesome!

Karen said...

So beautiful!

mamaspark said...

So lovely! Those morning glories are just amazing. Which color is next??

hortenzita said...

Purple is my favourite colour. Thank you for having shared these lovely photos with us.
Hugs from Hungary!

Marilyn R said...

What beauty! Thanks for sharing the photos with us!

Katie said...

I love morning glories (and purple!). I wonder if I could get them to grow on my house like that! LOL I wish!

The Calico Quilter said...

That morning glory is amazing! And what are those little purple berry things? And the fuschia flowers? I'm letting my horticultural ignorance show, I guess.

Connie W said...

The color is so pretty. You've captured the beauty in the flowers.

Ima Baglady said...

I don't know why, but it amazes me to see such familiar blossoms so far from my house (in ohio). I have the same cosmos in my backyard and morning glories on my mailbox. Funny, my vines barely cover a post and the phots shows such a HUGE plant! Thank you for sharing your pictures!