Thursday, November 20, 2008

Miscellaneous

I've got a list of things to do. I think if I cross things off my list I'll feel like I'm getting things accomplished. Otherwise it seems like my day gets away from me and I don't know what I've done with my time.

Yesterday Toi spent the day at the vets for his little boy operation. I denied him food in the morning and put him in a cat box and dropped him off at the vet at 9:00. I felt worst about not giving him food when all the other cats were getting fed! Picked Toi up around 6:00 and all the other cats welcomed him back. He seems not the least bothered by his traumatic day.

I've played around with online Stories in Hand and am writing some family history. I'll probably bore you with some of those tales in the near future...

My vacuum cleaner broke. Actually I found it broken and my first thought was,

"Oh good. Now I can buy a new vacuum cleaner. I never liked this one much."

Tetsu informed me that he broke it the other day when he was vacuuming for me and that he'd try to fix it for me this weekend. I don't really want it fixed...

I am knitting a bit and getting into the pattern for Tetsu's Christmas vest. Not sure if I chose wisely or not. The yarn is tweedy and the pattern is a subtle criss-cross that barely shows up. Well, I'm not starting over at this point so this is the way it will go!

Mrs. Harada sent me her block for our Mini Round Robin. Now what would be a nice block (we are adding blocks, not rounds) for sweet, feminine, sensitive Mrs. Harada? I need to think about this today too.

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Toi looks as if he's expecting to be waited on hand and foot ("peel me a grape'!!). I started on the Stories in Hand but just don't have the time at the moment, so I'm storing it up for after Christmas. I think the waistcoat is looking great, the pattern shows up quite well in the photograph. Lots of luck with your list - I love lists, they're so purposeful.

Quilt Pixie said...

I'm not sure the stories in hand is going to suit me, but I love having the ideas for how to start should I ever decide to tell much in the way of family/life stories to my son...

teodo said...

Tanja
it's fantastic to write stories about our life.
I'm writing a Christmas story for Anni.
If you want look here...
http://hatchedandpatched.typepad.com/hatchedandpatched/
ciao coiao

June said...

Thank you for your prayers & kind thoughts for Dora. She is hanging in there, but continues losing ground. I think the vest will be wonderful. Keep going! I've never been good at Round Robins, no imagination, I guess. Good luck!

mamaspark said...

Toi is seriously adorable! How can you stand so much kitty cuteness all around your house??

Marilyn R said...

The Christmas vest will be wonderful and warm! I have been thinking about getting my knitting needles back out after a very very long vacation from them. I am not even sure if I still have knitting needles! I would love to learn how to make socks, but I have a feeling I will have to relearn some of the basic stitches before I try to kit a sock!

The Calico Quilter said...

Poor Toi! Although he seems to be relaxed and comfortable. That's a cute pose - does he sleep on his back much?