Monday, January 19, 2009

No thread

Wednesday I was quilting. Thursday, Friday and Saturday I couldn't find time to quilt. Yesterday, (Sunday) I had an afternoon free and I was raring to quilt. Get the Wicked Easy quilt out. Adjust the hoop. Get out the thimbles. Take the cats off the quilt. Choose a new sharp needle. Take the cats off again. Sit down with quilt in hand. Thread the needle....

Where is the thread? Where is the thread? WHERE IS THE DANG THREAD!!!?

I checked under chairs and sofas and in corners (the cats play with my thread and thimbles). I got out a flashlight and put in new batteries and started prowling under the cupboards and piano. I moved furniture. I turned bags inside out. Can you think of anything more frustrating?

I went upstairs to open a new spool of thread. NO NEW SPOOL OF THREAD!!! I can't believe I've been living on the brink with only one spool of quilting thread!

My quilt never got a stitch put into it and I spent the afternoon in a bad mood. The cats went back to sleep on my quilt.

9 comments:

Callie said...

At least the cats are happy. What a sweet photo!
I only have one spool of quilting thread too. Next time I get down to the quilt store I'm going to pick up a couple more spools to have on hand. I don't want to be threadless either. I'm glad you posted about this. Too bad you couldn't have curled up with the cats and taken a nap. They look so cozy!

meggie said...

I think those little kitties hid your thread, so they could sleep on your quilt!!

Connie W said...

Poor Tanya :-(
I would share if I lived closer.

Rae said...

Tanya: I think I may have rubbed off on you all the way to Japan! It's good to know that I am not the only one having unwelcome events happening in my life when it comes to quilting. I have oddles of quilting thread, but NO finished quilt to quilt on! All your furry friends seem to have had a pretty good time on your quilt. Rae Ann

Misty M. said...

Don't you love how sympathetic cats are? As we all can see they are distraught with worry about your missing thread and your sewing plans. How sweet to have such concerned furry friends!

The Calico Quilter said...

But you really wouldn't have wanted to interrupt their beauty sleep, would you? LOL Who's missing in the picture - I count only four. Where's Velvet?

Karen said...

I think the thread is under the cats! :)

mamaspark said...

They are so darned CUTE!!! I love it when my cats form a cat ball!!

Marilyn R said...

No fun at all! Did you ever find the thread? I think the kitties hid it while you weren't looking so they could get their nap in on a warm comfy quilt!