- Cream cheese 300 gms --- Philadelphia cream cheese comes in a box of 250 gms. Good enough for me.
- Sugar 60 gms --- I put in three tablespoons. I really ought to buy a scale one of these days. You'd think after 30 years of living here I'd wise up.
- 2 eggs
- vanilla 1/2 teaspoon
- brandy or rum 1/2 teaspoon --- Sorry. None of that around in the house so that didn't get included.
- Fresh cream 200 cc. --- Who knows? Maybe a 1/2 pint? No. 3/4 of a cup? Somewhere around there. And I didn't use fresh cream. I used the calorie off stuff. In the end I eat two or three slices of cheesecake but I still think about saving a few calories buying the fake stuff.
- Sugar 2 Tablespoons --- This is to sweeten the cream so that gets added to taste.
- Lemon juice 2 Tablespoons --- And this is added to make sour cream! Did you know adding lemon to cream will make sour cream? Duh! But it also thickens it up too. It's a sudden chemical thing I think because you add the lemon juice and start stirring the cream mixture and suddenly it thickens.
1. Crumb the crackers and add the other A ingredients. Press into pie pan.
2. Mix B ingredients (blender or mixer) and pour into pan. Bake at 160 degrees for about 30 to 40 minutes. That's 160 in Centigrade. In Fahrenheit it is about 300 degrees.
3. Mix C until sour cream consistency and pour over cooled cheese cake. Refrigerate.
Do you know this poem? I often think of it when I'm cooking and especially when things don't turn out the way I'd like them to.
I didn't have potatoes
So I substituted rice
I didn't have paprika
So I used another spice
I didn't have tomato sauce
I used tomato paste
A whole can, not a half can
I don't believe in waste
A friend gave me the recipe
She said you couldn't beat it
There must be something wrong with her
I couldn't even eat it!
If you like cheesecake give the recipie a try. It will probably be even better if you follow it the way it was originally written!