Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Yeah Tetsu!

Let's all give Tetsu a rousing hurrah! He met his goals (somewhat) this month and amazed his doctor with great blood test results! He made me go over the medical list in minute detail and see all the numbers that have gone up or down that are so important and that I don't understand a bit. But Tetsu does and besides the fact that he wanted to lose more pounds than he did, he is out of the red zone. All that pool walking has paid off!

Let's give him a Japanese cheer!

Yoi~~ Clap, clap, clap. Clap, clap, clap.

Clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap, clap! Omedetou gozaimasu!



I know that doesn't make any sense to you but hopefully it will to Tetsu.

As for me at the pool... No losses to record. BUT I must have passed some test because yesterday after nearly a month of walking around the pool with hardly anyone looking at me or saying a word suddenly I was ENGULFED, yes, that's the word, ENGULFED by people on all sides chattering at me, walking arm in arm with me, asking questions and calling across the pool to tell others that I spoke Japanese and I was from CA-RI-FUO- NI- A. etc. etc.

Suddenly as I walked passed one of the regular ladies last night and gave her the same smile and the same nod, she grabbed my elbow and started chattering.

"Where are you from? Where do you live? How long have you lived here? Are you half Japanese? Were you born here? Which of your parents is Japanese and which is American? We've been wondering about you and so I volunteered (probably got pushed into it) to approach you first. Hey, everybody! Let's all learn English!"

So, now it looks like I've got pool walking friends. A little confusing because some people want to practice their English, some people don't understand English at all but anyway, the walking time goes quicker when there is someone to chat with (Tetsu showed up later...)

And just because I have no pictures of my poolside friends (no cameras allowed) here is a picture of my swim cap. Yes. Excitement abounds. This dumb thing is a requirement. It is made of nylon and is not waterproof. I suppose the purpose is to keep hair from clogging the drains, not for protecting the hair. It is constructed in a very unattractive style though thinking about it I don't know how anyone could construct an attractive swim cap. SOOOO just because I dislike it but still have to wear it I sewed on rick-rack flowers that are pre-made. Yahoo! I'm the only person with a decorated swim cap! Minor decorating that's true, but I've finally made friends, I don't want them to think I'm too outlandish.

No comments: