Friday, January 22, 2010

Moody

Yesterday morning I spent a lot of time trying to figure out what to do with the Mini Round Robin. And I followed BrendaLou's advice and broke the rules! The instructions were to put a 5 centimeter border around all... but since I wrote the rules for this MRR, I decided that if the quilt just measured the same as all the others in the end, I could put the "border" wherever I wanted. So I put a wider "border" (looks like blocks) on only two sides. So far so good.

Now, what to do with this border which is also boring. Think Celtic! Easier said than done because I couldn't find a corner pattern that I liked. So I made some graph paper (none of that around the house) and had a go at making a Celtic-like pattern. And enlarged it.

And tried it out on my design board with cording and finally made bias tape and ironed it onto the quilt border.

Hm~hm~~! What fun! I'm back to enjoying this quilt. I wish I could show it but while the recipient doesn't read English (she HATES English!), she does visit my blog. I'm now aching to finish the applique. Isn't that funny. A couple of days ago I was in a stew and didn't even want to see this thing! Quilters (this one) are so moody!

Another thing that put me in a great mood was a happy e-mail from a Japanese blog visitor who sent a picture of some mini-animals that she made. And she made "them" from the instructions on my blog! But I only showed how I made a little bear and she went SOOO much further and made a rabbit, a fox, an elephant and a dog! All her own patterns! Aren't they the cutest things? Thank you Kiyomi! I'm going to try to make the dog first!

No comments: