Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Elaine's HST border

I have put the border on ONE of the four pieces of my Pinwheels and Patches quilt. I loved the way Elaine did hers on her Split Nine Patch (definitely go see how she did it!) and so I've blatantly copied her idea. But remember, copying is the highest form of flattery and I've let her know how innovative I think her ideas are (and she has so many good ones!)

I like the way the points of Elaine's quilt goes into the border but I never would attempt trying to piece all that in... But Elaine came up with a way of inserting and appliqueing the points down later and I just HAD to try it!

Well, I like Elaine's color scheme better than mine. The light side of my points get lost in the border... but still this is a great technique to remember and I can see doing this for circles and other pieces that one might want to bring into a border but piecing is a pain. (I wish I'd known this technique when I was making the Wheel of Mystery last year. I pieced those circles into the border and I must have done it 4 or 5 times before I got it somewhat right...)

Today is Wednesday so I'm not going to get to the other three parts of my quilt but I'd better not let them set too long or I'll forget how to do this!

No comments: