Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2nd day in California

July 13th is Tetsu and my wedding anniversary. And here I am on the other side of the Pacific. That's pretty much par for the course. When we were engaged we had to wait for Tetsu's summer bonus to come in before we could have a wedding ceremony. It never occurred to us that for the next 30 years (and more counting) a summer anniversary would mean that I'm off in the States while Tetsu stays home and mans the house.

I guess I've shown wedding pictures in posts past and Tetsu isn't around for us to snap any pictures. As usual we will celebrate sometime later in the summer when I'm back in Japan.

So, what is going on in California? It is cooler than I thought it would be. I don't think I'm going to get any swimming in if the weather stays like it is now. I did get in my morning walk though which I'm religiously sticking too because already two days here I am eating too much. Sandwiches, stews, cookies, frozen yogurt and cheesecake. Amazing! Takumi brought over a cheesecake that he and Bianca made! My son is turning into a cook!

I brought very few clothing with me so I guess we'll make a shopping trip to see what might be wearable to Maxine's funeral. Marcy says nice jeans. Nice jeans? For a funeral? That's sure not the way it is done in Japan... Casual Southern California...?

And here for Tetsu, is a picture of Takumi wearing the summer kimono he specifically requested. Now when is he going to get any use out of this? Looks pretty pleased with himself!

No comments: