Saturday, July 31, 2010

Labeled

It's not like you haven't seen this quilt now two other times this week but I have now put the all important label on my Orange and Cherry Jubilee quilt. I had to go back and look at my blog posts to see when I started this quilt (documenting my quilts was the main reason I started blogging in the first place) and I see that I bought the fabric during my summer California visit in 2008 and I started sewing on July 13th of that year. The quilt was made into a flimsy on August 9th and it has sat in a closet until July of this year.

The quilt has crossed the Pacific and then crossed the Continental USA and luxuriated under June's care for about a week (she is such a fast quilter!) and then made its way back to California. And finally I have put the binding on, made a quilt label and SLEPT UNDER IT! (Yes, I'm on the floor in my mother's living room. I usually sleep on the floor anyway in Japan.)

My quilt has only to travel back to Japan with me to spend some time on the sofa with Tetsu under it (and cats on top) before it is really settled into the Watanabe family home. A LONG process but SOOOOOO worth it!!

No comments: