Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Binding

Yesterday I made binding. Now what do you think I'm finishing? It's about time!!! I will put the binding on today and and maybe even wash it since it is so filthy. Wait, maybe take a picture before washing and then after too. I'm always afraid that in the first wash a quilt will come undone or some suspect fabrics will bleed (though I've prewashed). I don't know what would be worse... A dirty quilt to show or one that has dye stains.

The other day I had my camera along when I went to the vegetable store. All the racks of drying persimmons seemed very Japanese to me. And anybody want a salted drying salmon? I'm afraid I wouldn't know what to do with one of these huge things if you gave it to me.

*****

2007 New Year's picture. Wow, Tetsu gets to the States more than I thought. Takumi was living on his own (in Hollywood! I don't know how we survived that!) and Leiya flew in to California from Ohio. Takumi still had blond hair (but he's smiling!). Leiya had more pierces in her ears. I really felt like my kids were no longer Japanese. Choco was barking up a storm and causing problems for the neighbors... The cats could live peacefully with each other. (Nowadays Patora will no longer let Cleo and Velvet in the same room with her!)

No comments: