Monday, January 17, 2011

One piece of homework done

With all the snow yesterday I worked on my sewing homework. Okay, one piece of homework done. That went quickly. This is the Anne of Green Gables church block and it was easy to do. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be doing Redwork in backstitch or in outline stitch or with one strand or two strands of embroidery floss so I mixed and matched as I went along!

My part of Japan doesn't get much snow but when it falls everyone freezes (literally and metaphorically). Many people figure that the area gets so little snowfall that they won't change their tires over to snow tires and thus when it DOES snow they get caught off guard and can't move. When I went to the pool last night I found cars slipping on the roads and stalled by the wayside. I think their cars can't make it up the hill to the tunnel that connects the two cities. Anyway, I made it safely to the pool but decided I didn't want to risk the tunnel road on the way home so I went the long way around on more crowded streets. Tetsu, who came home early in the evening hoping to avoid the frozen roads was horrified to find me out and about on winter streets and he started calling me on the cell phone. Well....!

I'm trying to drive home husband-dear. Your calling me only startles me as I drive and I can't drive and talk at the same time (and it is also illegal).

When I finally got home my cell phone registered 5 phone calls and 3 text messages from Tetsu within a span of 20 minutes. At least I know he worries about me.

No comments: