Saturday, May 21, 2011

Paper Piecing

I have always liked puzzles. Not the ones that use too much brain power, but the ones where if you put in enough time and effort they eventually get done. My computer game of choice is Picross because if I just follow the logic I can get an end result.

That must be why I enjoy paper piecing. It is a challenge to me and if I just do it right (don't sew the wrong side of the fabric to the right side, Tanya) then usually the result is a block. Paper piecing uses up tiny scraps but then again, for that same purpose I end up saving tiny scraps for the next "someday" paper piecing project. That's why I've got a basket of crumbs that are multiplying. Paper piecing is a one day puzzle fix for me. I've had my fix thanks to Paper Panache.

What do you think this is going to be?


Hint one: This is for Nancy, Near Philadelphia.

Hint two:


And here is the finished block.


This goes in the mail to Nancy on Monday.

No comments: