Sunday, August 21, 2011

Pray for Japan

Yesterday I made a stop at the vet's to pick up more EXPENSIVE cat food.



On the wall were a few goods that they were selling to raise money for the organizations helping animals in Northern Japan. It is painful to think of all the animals displaced by the earthquake and tsunami; pets that lost family, pets that were separated from family, pets whose families no longer have the place or means to take care of them. There are always signs in the vet's office asking people to consider adopting a homeless pet from Northern Japan. While I can't adopt any more pets, I always make a donation to the "Help Japan's Animals" box.



Just before I left for the States, my vet called and asked if I could confirm the English translations for a few phrases and I was glad to help him out. And yesterday I saw the results of the inquiry! With the help of a Japanese designer, Kunio Sato, the Japan Small Animal Veterinary Association has made a T-shirt and a cute handkerchief to raise more funds.



This is pretty close to my heart so of course I immediately bought both. Lots of cute animals on the back of the shirt and the English sentiments are true.











Please pray for Japan. Please pray for Japan's animals.



"But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it."

Matthew 10:30





No comments: