Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Church outing

Another quicky post. I've STILL got bank problems!!! I hate the banks!!!! (Or rather I hate on-line banking!!!!!) I'm off to the bank today.

On Sunday our church went off to a neighboring campground and had our service outside with a lunch of vegetable soup afterward. I made the soup though in this picture it looks like Tetsu made it. I don't know how I ended up with the job. You would think I am the least capable person to make Japanese vegetable soup. Remember, I hate cooking.

Well, not too difficult. Throw in pork, squishy potatoes, carrots, burdock root, icicle radish, konyaku (a glutinous potato), deep fried tofu skins, tofu, Chinese cabbage, two types of mushrooms, green onions and miso. Simmer for an hour. Serve with rice balls (each family brought their own.)

It was a lovely day. On the way home we found a family of monkeys crossing the road!









Sorry, the pictures are not too great. The monkeys would not cooperate by standing still. And monkeys have been known to enter a car and steal food if you roll down your windows so these pictures were shot through the windshield!

No comments: