Thursday, October 27, 2011

Kindergarten activites

I was at the kindergarten yesterday. Lots of activities going on there.

The oldest group of children "make" a bunch of grapes every year. I must have a grape cluster or two in one of my cupboards from when my children made them at this same kindergarten. Why grapes? It is a Christian kindergarten,

"I am the Vine, you are the branches."

The grapes are made of purple pieces of origami paper that the children crumple and then wrap in squares of mom's old stockings and secure with rubber bands! Yeah! A little sewing and they have grape clusters.

Some of the children were outside practicing stilt walking. The kindergarten has numerous bamboo stilts and the kids get quite good at walking around a chalk drawn path using stilts (albeit not too high stilts). Here the kindergarten teacher was helping a little girl get the hang of it. The teacher is barefoot, the child is wearing zori.

And finally I passed out cookies dressed as a witch. "Trick-or-Treat!" "Here you are." "Thank you." Everyone posed for a picture with the witch.

No comments: