Monday, November 07, 2011

Quilt exhibit

On Saturday, Tetsu found mention of a quilt exhibit about an hour away from us and we set out to see what it was about. It turned out to be a very small exhibit but the quilts and embroidery were fantastic. I'm afraid I didn't get the name of the group but one quilt (with all the flowers and insects) made it to the Tokyo Quilt Festival last year. I did ask if I could take pictures and was given permission.

I loved this golden tree! (I must have a thing for trees this year).

The leaves were tiny but oh so perfect!

And the embroidered acorns and leaves around the border were a nice touch.

The Christmas scenes embroidered on wool were so elegant. And don't you like the way those two quilts are hung! Branches!

This quilt was the one that went to the Tokyo Quilt Festival. The lighting wasn't great for photography but the spotlight really set off the quilt.

Each flower was beautifully appliqued and there were insects embroidered on the covered buttons here and there. A row of ants along the bottom too!

Ah... How tempted I am to get out an embroidery needle. But no! I remind myself that I decided my eyes no longer do embroidery! Stick to quilting Tanya!

No comments: