Monday, January 16, 2012

9 patches... add or not add?

I'm sewing 9 patches while I sit in front of the TV. Sewing BY HAND! I'm not sure why... I thought that my Star Within a Star blocks were a little boring alone and I wanted to add a little more movement. Thus the 9 patches. But now that I have half of them made, I'm not sure that this is what I want or not. What do you think? Again, this is from my cell phone so it is a bit blurred... And I didn't lay out all the blocks...

I liked the idea of 9 patches because I was hoping they would bring out the small square inside the stars and I was expecting the 9 patches to lead the eye here and there and cut the white a bit... but maybe they just make the whole thing too busy.

So I have this... With 9 patches.



Or this.... without 9 patches.


Should I keep making 9 patches? (BY HAND!)

No comments: