Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cat photography

Yesterday I took off with my friend Mrs. Nakazawa and went to a photo exhibition. Mrs. Nakazawa and I are old time "cat-lover" friends. And for the past couple of years she and Rumi-san have been coming every month or so to do patchwork.

On Friday Mrs. Nakazawa and Rumi-san came for patchwork and showed off their latest quilts.

Same quilt in different colors... (and interestingly, Mrs. Nakazawa's turned out smaller.) A great first try at a largish quilt! (and the first time using a sewing machine, quilting with a hoop etc.)

Mrs. Nakazawa forgot something on Friday so I took it to her yesterday morning.

"What are you doing today, Tanya?"

"I'm going to visit a cat photo exhibition. Are you going?" (I knew that she had tickets, she had offered me some the day before.)

"Yes, I'll probably go later on today. My car is being repaired this morning."

"Let's go together!"

And within 10 minutes we were on our way.

The photo exhibition was amazing!!! Only photos of cats by a wonderful wildlife photographer named Mitsuaki Iwago. He is quite well known in Japan especially for his cat photos. As would be expected, no photography allowed at the exhibition but Mrs. Nakazawa and I spent nearly an hour oohing and aahing and laughing and sighing at all the beautiful, beautiful photography of feline activity. (It made me want to go out and buy a professional camera and take pictures of my cats all over again!)

(Actually I have one of Mr. Iwago's book so this picture is a photo of one of his photos.)

There was a gift shop set up at the exhibition's exit where books and post cards and files etc. were being sold. We decided that many of the goods could be bought in regular bookstores so we bypassed the lines there. And then, at the far end of the room was a booth of hand crafted items...

"Oh! Look at these! They are so cute!!!"

Mrs. Nakazawa and I both started pawing through the bags and aprons and hats and things that were all hand painted.

"These are one of a kind and if you'd like I'll paint your name on anything too."

The nice artist was organizing the bags that we'd tumbled here and there while looking at all of them.

Both Mrs. Nakazawa and I came home with hand painted-personalized items. I'm such a sucker for cat things! (But I think everyone at the exhibition was too. The line at the gift store wound back to the entrance!)


"La-la-la ♪~♪~♪~! Look what I bought!"

I modeled my cap for Tetsu. I can just hear the neighbors when I go out walking Choco.

"There goes that crazy cat lady."


And while talking of cat photos, here are a couple I took last night.

"Vel, you might as well come up and join us on the sofa."

And so he did.

"Hey guys, Dad got to the sofa before us tonight!"

Maybe we need two sofas.

No comments: