Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Abandoned

Since buying my Olympus Pen Lite camera in March, I am a sometimes visitor to the Digital Photography School website.  I was hoping to learn a bit more about cameras and to become inspired by other photographers.  The website sends out weekend "homework" and though I've never posted there, I like to see what sort of images other people have captured.  Last weekend the theme was "Abandoned".

When we were looking for a house some 20 years ago, we found the one we own now at the edge of a neighborhood and backed up to a forest.  On the other side of the forest were the fields and at the edge of one field was a pig farm.  When we first moved to Nikko the air around us had a definite piggy aroma!  But the pig farm has been deserted for nearly 10 years now and the pig stalls and sheds are falling down as nature grows up.


IF I were posting on the photography website (and I'm not), this would be my entry...

An Abandoned Shed
Camera: Olympus E-PL2
Lens: 40mm focal length
Date:  9/24/12
ISO: 200
Shutter speed: 1/20
Aperture:  f/11


I peered into another shed and snapped this picture too.  Well, not completely abandoned.  There is a tiny frog taking a nap on the handle of an old tractor.

Thank you.  I just had to try posting my "homework" somewhere.

No comments: