Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Leiya at college

I'm posting about Leiya today per Tetsu's request.  He takes pictures off of my blog and puts them in his computer at work...  He doesn't seem to know how to do it any other way.

Leiya is studying hard (I hope) at Bowling Green University in Ohio and is involved in numerous organizations...  Because she seems to be so busy we only get a few minutes on Skype every so often (for her in the middle of the night) to catch up on what she is doing.  A lot of art...  But I have to beg her to send us pictures of her work.

"Uh-hum.  We ARE paying tuition for you to be an art major.  We'd like to see what sort of art you are making...."

So...  this may be construed as bragging, but here are a couple of Leiya's two dimensional art projects...

This is a sketch (I guess...) of Leiya's roommate last year.  You might remember Yanna from when she and Leiya took over my blog while I was in the hospital for a week.



And this is a self-portrait in oils...  I love the colors in this one!

Leiya is also vice president of the Worldwide Student Organization at the college this year and she and her friends have been busy with an International Student Week.  Ah... I remember when I was in college doing very similar things!

I pulled a couple of picture off of Leiya's Facebook...  And I haven't talked to her in the last few days so I really can't tell you what the pictures are about...

 It looks like a few girls got dressed up in sari during International Student Week.  At first glance Tetsu and I couldn't figure out if this was Leiya or not!  Wow!  All dolled up!

 

No comments: