Tuesday, December 04, 2012

A couple works in progress

Hmmm.  What is new today?  It's cold.  That's not new.  I didn't get upstairs to quilt yesterday.  That's not new.  I haven't heard from my children for a few weeks.  That's not new...


My friend, Rumi-san, got quite a bit done on her Loves Me quilt top on Friday when she visited for patchwork.  Mrs. Nakazawa couldn't come so we concentrated on putting the brown borders onto this top.  Rumi-san still has a lot of embroidery to do on the border.  "loves me... loves me not..."  But she can start thinking of quilting this pretty soon.


I am enjoying my yarn time.  I finished the front of Tetsu's vest and am now working on the back.  I love the colors in this, but I wonder how Tetsu is going to take to that purple.  Many times I will make him a sweater or vest and it doesn't really suit his fancy (or doesn't fit!) and it will come back to me to wear. I'd sure be happy to wear this!  So either way it will get used...


And don't you like my knitting needles?  I had admired them from afar for a year or so but I didn't need new knitting needles (did you know that bamboo needles, even brand new ones, mold in the humid Japanese summers?)  My bamboo needles don't last long... and even these I needed to wipe down the green before I used them straight from the box!  Maybe that's why they were on sale!  Anyway, they were on sale and they make me smile so that was my criteria for buying new needles...

No comments: