Tuesday, May 14, 2013

...recovery...

I have a friend who is going into the hospital today.  She may or may not have surgery.  She may be in there awhile or she may come home in a few days.  Whichever way, a jolt has been given to her daily life.

So... as my friend gets ready to go to the hospital I send her e-mails, and help her make lists of things she might need, and pray for her and with her.

My friend knows the Bible but thinking that she might not be able to pull up a comforting Bible verse in the jumble of thoughts and concerns she has right now I sent one to her in an e-mail.  I'm not sure I can pull up a comforting Bible verse on the run either but this is the verse I have in my schedule book this week.

"Then your light will break out like the dawn,
And your recovery will speedily spring forth;
And your righteousness will go before you;
The glory of the Lord will be your rear guard."
Isaiah 58:8  

 

5 comments:

Teatime Creations said...

You are a good friend. Prayers for peace and healing for your friend and for the circle of family and friends supporting her.

Anonymous said...

Having God as our rear guard is great!

Angela said...

I pray that your friend will get better! I also love the verse you found for her! I am going to send that verse to one of my daughter's friends who has breast cancer that has spread to her spine. I'm on a pray thing with 500 other people who are praying for her. The doctors have gave up hope for her a week ago but our God has helped her and she is home. She has 4 children and her birthday was Sunday. She's been battling this for 9 years and she's only 42.

Julie Fukuda said...

Such an open-ended stay is very hard to prepare for. Sometimes you just have to let go. and let God.

Pat Heinbaugh said...

Tanya, you are such a good friend to so many!! And spreading the word that someone needs prayer is always a good thing, whether it comes from you, or if we, your readers/friends have a need...you are a real blessing....hugs, Pat in IN