Sunday, June 02, 2013

Progress report

Here it is June.  Might as well give a progress report on my patchwork activity at home.


Ta-da!  20 Pine Burr Blocks!  I am finished with those!!!  Whew!  I think I was getting sloppy at the end because the last one turned out like a tent and I had to redo it...  I don't think you can guess now which one is the sloppy one and I'm not telling!  That was A LOT of hand sewing!!


And of course I've been plugging away on the lattice strips.  I'm still making triangle strips but to alleviate some of the boredom, eh-hem, concentrated routine work, I've been putting the strips together into lattice pieces.  At date I have 20 lattice pieces and I think I need 49 (or maybe it is 48... every time I count I come up with a different number.)  And I still have about 20 triangle strips (two strips per piece) by my sewing machine so I may have passed my middle mark! 


Now that my hand sewing is finished on the Pine Burr blocks I will move on to hand piecing the lattice corners.  Two done... By my calculations I need 30.   Sigh.

There are still a lot of sewing days ahead of me but I'm making progress!

11 comments:

Mary Johnson said...

A lot of work but it's going to look amazing when it's done!

Frog Quilter said...

Wonderful. I maybe tempted to try something similar.

Jan in MA USA said...

Already worthy of quilt show prizes and not even finished yet!

QuiltinLibraryLady said...

That is going to be such a beautiful quilt!! All the scrapiness is wonderful.

Sandra Coleman Clarke said...

Tanya, Your work is beautiful!!! I got an invite today to look at another blog for you but when I clicked on it, it said there was an error. Keep up the great work.

Julie Fukuda said...

I'm glad your blog has not moved from my list. I wouldn't have wanted to miss this. All the blocks look great(and a LOT of work)!

Amanda said...

This is going to be stunning, I so admire people who hand piece blocks, I don't think I'd have the patience, though I do like to have some embroidery on the go for the evenings. And I had the same problem as Sandra.

Louise SS said...

It looks so beautiful! You are going to have a showstopper quilt when you are done. And you will get done! Happy sewing from Louise.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Lots of lovely hand stitching. Great job.

Cassandra said...

You're making great progress! Thanks for the picture update!

Jan Mac said...

I love your Pine Burr blocks. This pattern is on my list of "must makes" too.