Friday, December 15, 2006

Coasters




Ok, a few things to show. I finished Takumi's name quilt with binding and everything and hopefully will send it today or tomorrow. Yeah!

On to the cherry omochi or whatever they're called. Japanese are so clever. These are little marshmallows with some cherry jam inside and then they are covered in a pink mochi covering. With some little plastic stems they look just like cherries that we find in Japan! Quite tasty but it was opening the box and finding lots of them that made me say outloud "Kawaii!!" ("How cute!")

And then my latest project of 10 minutes ago. I found a nice little tutorial on the computer about how to make these so I whipped them up to take along when I meet Kaneko-san and Heidi today. The first one I messed up grandly and had to rip it out three times but I figured it out and they were very easy. In case you can't tell they are coasters, two in each package.

1 comment:

Tonya Ricucci said...

This is so cute and I love the little asterisk there. Hope Takumi loved it.