Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Another block


Finished another feathered star block so I think I've eight all together now. Actually they are all rather dark and solid color looking though they all have a nice desigh and a dark variation of colors in them. My next may have to be in a light blue just so that they begin to look a little different. I don't think I have any more of the very dark/black fabric for the centers nor any more of the same color for the points. I wonder if Furui-san has anything I could use or should I just make a trip to the fabric store...

The only other quilty think to report is that I quilted a block. Oh! I know. I ordered fabric from Thousands of Bolts!
I wasn't going to order fabric for awhile but on the last Prayer and Square quilt I didn't have any backing for a pinkish quilt and of course I don't want that to happen again (of course!) so I broke down and ordered two yards and of course (of course!) had to order 4 more yards to justify the shipping charge. I found some pretty flowered pink that I've looked at numerous times and a multi-colored orange for any future project (gratitude quilt?).

But teaching has started so my handwork output may be low for awhile.. It was fun while it lasted!

No comments: