Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Scrap User's System

Although I like working on planned quilts with a designed pattern, a few years ago I found Bonnie Hunter's Scrap User System and I started cutting scraps into 2 inch squares.

Then I started cutting 2 and a half inch squares.

Then 2 inch and 2 and a half inch strips.

Then 3 and a half inch strips.

Then strings.

That ends up with a lot of baskets and bins with pre cut fabric but none of them going anywhere.

Oh I have made some quilts with my Scrap User System. A Pineapple Blossom quilt, a star quilt, a few baby quilts, a couple donation quilts, a few prayer quilts. I'm definitely happy to have a way to use my scraps. But the baskets and bins do start to overflow after a bit of time...

This week, just to keep the 2 and a half inch strip basket at bay I started one of Bonnie's Scrappy Trip Around the World quilts. Very nice! And while I'm at it I just keep putting together 2 inch squares and have a whole set of new blocks started too. Hmm. These look like I could use them together.

No great plans but I AM sewing.

No comments: