Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Good manners

I was at the swimming pool yesterday... doing laps.  And an older man who sometimes wants to talk stopped me.

"You are doing a lot of swimming.  That is good.  Have you gained some weight recently?"

I punched him in the arm.

"You're not supposed to say that to a lady!  No woman wants to be told she's gained weight!!"

"Oh, I am so sorry.  I apologize.  It is not good manners to tell a woman she has gained weight.  I, myself am battling "Metabo" (an expanding waistline).  It is because of my age.  Excuse me, how old are you?"

Hmmm.  It is not so great manners to ask a woman her age either.  If he's not careful I might punch him somewhere else.  I went back to my swimming.

But actually I wanted to cut up my swimsuit into little pieces and go eat a box of chocolates.

No comments: