Sunday, February 06, 2011

Bunnies

Yes, I know it is not Easter but Japanese don't understand Easter anyways... Resurrection or Bunnies.

But it IS the year of the rabbit in Japan (and China) and so bunny things abound. The other day I found this cute silk flower arrangement in a coffee shop and it just had to come home with me. The colors called to me. I guess the drabness of the days are getting to me. Anyway, the bunny arrangement came home and I set it in the entryway next to a mini paper piecing block I once made years ago. Boy, they look like they were made for each other!

The doily that they are sitting on was made by my GRANDMOTHER who passed on when I was 8. My mother salvaged it from her sewing box (along with a half crocheted lace tablecloth that I have always had good intentions to finish... but I don't know how to crochet!, or tat or whatever...)








I liked my little bunny arrangement so much that I went back yesterday and bought one for my mother-in-law. She probably could use a little cheering up too. And at ANOTHER store I found these cute bunny cookies so those are going into the present bag too.

Spring is just around the corner (I wish).

No comments: