Thursday, June 02, 2011

Bad dice throw

I just told someone yesterday that I never liked playing The Game of Life. It always seemed that things would be going along great and with the toss of the dice suddenly life would take a bad turn. Well, I guess I proved that it is not just on the board game. In real life too!

Yesterday was normal. I taught at the kindergarten, taught ladies, taught elementary school kids, went to the pool, cooked dinner. Went to bed. And in the middle of the night I got up to go to the bathroom and my knee went out. WAY OUT! Crawl to the bathroom and back to bed but I knew that the knee was damaged. Yep. I can't stand up. I can't walk. I can't do much of anything.

Tetsu took the day off from work and took me to the doctors. Not that I'm surprised but I will probably be hospitalized tomorrow (I have to go to a major hospital tomorrow morning) and have surgery on the knee. Which means I will not be blogging for awhile! So this post is to let you know that I haven't disappeared... just am incapacitated.

This is a time when I wish I had all my sewing things downstairs. No going back upstairs for awhile. I can't even direct Tetsu to certain fabric and templates so that I can do some hand sewing. I'm not that organized. And nothing ready to be handquilted either... So... Here I sit.

Anyway... I'm busy trying to master the art of hopping with crutches. Maybe tomorrow I'll be rolling around in a wheelchair again.

I really don't like The Game of Life!

No comments: