Tuesday, June 12, 2007

By-the-way

Sometimes when I read a blog, something sticks in my mind. It may be a prayer request or just some bit of information about an upcoming event. Later I wonder what happened. I forget myself to report back on how something is turning out (but we do tend to keep each other updated on quilting news don't we?) So today will be a by-the-way-day.

By the way... My plum juice is turning into juice! I checked it yesterday (pulled from the dark reaches of the kitchen cupboard) and the sugar has melted down, the plums are all wrinkled and it is probably ready for drinking. Leiya will be pleased! That didn't take long!

By the way... The rice fields that were planted last month are coming up nice and green and the scenery looks like a beautiful green carpet! Wild ducks float between the rice plants and herons seem to enjoy looking for things to eat in the mud.

By the way... The little boy Tomoya who was in the hospital and wasn't doing well is still there but hopefully he will be able to take in solid food sometime this summer. It is a long haul for him and we are still praying for him. Add another origami crane to the many prayers already given...

That's the update...

2 comments:

teodo said...

....and we come back to read what happened to you, to your home and to your land.
Thanks
ciao ciao

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Thanks for the updates. It's good to hear. I am a member of a prayer chain at church, we're often praying for folks who are sick or injured or in some sort of need and we don't ever seem to get updates... something so important to the process, I think!