So June's goals will be simple and non-pressured.
- Finish the applique border -- Hah! Fooled you! I'm done! I worked on it this morning and it is up on my piano! Nadine, I even made the label and IT IS SEWN ON!
- Finish quilting the Wonky Word quilt. Hmm... That puts some pressure on but if the sewing machine isn't out this may be the only sewing I do for awhile.
- Make a kimono apron. I've got Mrs. Ide's beautiful fabric and I really want to use up the left-over kimono fabric I have sitting on the table.
- Quilt my four blocks on the Bazaar quilt.
- Make the last feathered star block (before I forget how)
And here is my piano border! Not bad, not bad. Kind of cheery. Not exactly what I'd been imagining. I'd been thinking of country when I started. The black piano (which no one plays) is a dark spot in my living room and I've always had a quilt or tablecloth on it to lighten it up a bit. It's always seemed a shame to me to have a quilt on it since most of the quilt can't be seen and the cats just layer it with fur. So... I made the border and tacked it onto an old tablecloth and Ta-da! A cheerful piano cover! Well! It's June first and my first goal is completed!
Now to clean up the sewing room. Maybe I should start posting housekeeping goals. It's the only way I seem to get anything done.