Sunday, March 15, 2009

Velvet appearance

This week some friends from the States are coming for a visit and will stay with us a day or two. Now, I have warned them that we have 5 indoor cats and there is more cat fur flying around than in most houses but they are willing to risk the cats to spend some time with us. Even so, Tetsu thought we should do some major cleaning before our guests arrive and we dubbed yesterday "Major Cleaning Day". This entailed things like Tetsu fixing the sofa (again), and me washing curtains and the dusting the upstairs rooms that will be used as guest rooms.

A day of cleaning makes things smell fresh. And while I was upstairs I rearranged my sewing room (again). There aren't really too many possible arrangements and I think this is how I had it before but it is clean again. The sewing room is too stuffed with stash boxes and strip crates and crumb baskets and all the other paraphernalia to be turned into a guest room. BUT I've turned it into Velvet's room!

Velvet continues to live out life under a chair so now he has his own room. I've put his heater in it and a box to relax in and rigged a way so that the other cats can't open the door (yes, they usually can) and he can sit at the window and look out on the world again. I spend quite a lot of time up there anyway so I don't think he'll be too lonely and it is better than living under a chair.

In the meantime, Toi enjoys a fluffy cushion on the table.

6 comments:

Rae Ann said...

Toi looks very content on his cushion and I am sure Velvet is happy to be in solitude without having to share his domain with the others. He looks happy to be able to just sit and look out into the world. Rae Ann

The Calico Quilter said...

You did a good thing for Velvet. He has a lovely view and probably many birds and critters to watch outside the windows. If he doesn't get along well with the other cats, he should be able to excape them for an area that is less stressful. He can be your sewing buddy.

Julie said...

I love your kitties. You are so sweet to do this for Velvet. He looks very happy looking out the window. By the way, have you tried an air filter for the kitty hair? My aunt used to have cats, which I was allergic to. She had an air filter in the living room and my allergies didn't bother me at all!

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

...Aww... looks like you found a happy solution! Enjoy your guests.

Quiltin' LibraryLady said...

Velvet is such a handsome cat. I'm so glad you fixed up his own room for him where the other cats can't pester him and he can watch what's going on outside.I'm sure he'll enjoy having you all to himself when you're in there sewing.

Mart Bright said...

I should do this for Sabi. I came across some photos of her when she was small and still had run of the house... makes me sad. Cats hate closed doors, don't they?!