Saturday, December 29, 2012

Promises BOM

We're counting down the hours till the New Year and today Tetsu and I have some last minute shopping and cleaning to do. I'm slowly getting things crossed off my To-do list.


And the biggest finish is the Promises and Borders quilt!!! 

The layout and the colors are not so striking from a distance but I think my Promises quilt looks very nice up close.  The embroidery patterns are beautiful!  I used all of Jenny's embroidery designs but chose some of my own favorite promise verses.


I got a little fancy on the "A promise is a promise" block and double embroidered the lettering hoping to make it look a bit more like calligraphy.

The quilting is pure stitch-in-the ditch.  I'm never quite sure how to quilt an embroidered or applique quilt in the white spaces and I didn't want to take away from the quilt's "message".  The lattice and border fabric was busy enough that I chose not do any patterned quilting...  so this is very plain.   Hopefully the embroidery makes up for that


I am happy to have this quilt in my entrance right in time for the New Year holidays.  A great way to start the New Year with God' promises before us daily!

Thank you Jenny for the wonderful Block of the Month
 

No comments: