Sunday, December 02, 2012

Quilting the Quilt

Whoever said that machine quilting was fast (probably me) was nuts.  I've been working on this quilt for months and I still have a long way to go!!!


According to past blog posts, I basted the Fiery Star quilt on September 23...  And started quilting it within a couple of days.  So the quilting has been going on for two months and it looks like it will be another month at least as I work my way outwards to the border (for which I have no quilting ideas in mind yet).


With a few breaks to do other things, I go back and forth to the Fiery Star and each time have to find my rhythm before things go smoothly again.  I "forget" how I quilted the flowers...  I get lost in the narrow border...


I have been using the Quilting Halo to hold the quilt steady because my wrist was getting tired trying to direct and hold at the same time.  I have been having pretty good success with the Quilting Halo on the narrow borders but it gets in the way when doing the larger feathers.

I also tried using the Supreme Slider but that wasn't successful.  I think the problem is that my quilting "table" (that Tetsu made for me) is made of plywood and the Slider can't get a grip and instead slides around and gets SEWN to the back of the quilt.  I spent quite a bit of time removing the Slider from the Fiery Star...

I wish I could just sit down and quilt this thing for 5 days straight... No sleeping or eating or other things time!

No comments: